SpeedCove Systems are pre-formed cove base moldings made specifically for use with high performance commercial, industrial, and residential floor coatings. SpeedCove Systems quickly & easily form the correct shape & height around the perimeter of a room to meet the Environmental Health Department's sanitary requirements. When this cove base and floor area is coated over it provides a uniform, smooth, seamless, and integral floor-to-wall juncture that produces the most sanitary and easily maintained floors available.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Consistent, uniform 1" cove radius makes finished floors look absolutely beautiful, and easy to clean
- Streamline top edge eliminates a "dirt shelf" (and works with all applications)
- QuickSeal Edge™ bottom is angled down to transition smoothly, form a positive seal, eliminate most patching… Also adjusts slightly for uneven floors
- The polymer composite provides a "monolithic" integration w/ (between) the cove base & floor coatings
- Creates a seamless, water & chemical proof connection between floors & walls
- Meets highest code standards for both foreign & domestic
- 10" long pre-formed 90o corners eliminate slow & inconsistent manual work, plus joint patching is done out in the flat section for speed & ease
- Flexible polymer composite allows cove base to flex around general bends in wall & floor, while bridging over smaller imperfections
- Base portion is ¼" thick so it installs flush with tile and FRP channel/termination strips
- Additional 1/4" relief cut in back/bottom allows pieces to sit tight even in an unsquared corner, and reducing the need for excessive grinding/prep work
The Speedcove Advantages
- When coated with epoxy, it forms a uniform, smooth and seamless floor-to-wall juncture as opposed to tile grout lines that tend to fill and hold unsanitary matter.
- Fastest, easiest, most convenient alternative to meet commercial cove base requirements.
- Precast heights and shapes assure the installer of meeting cove base code requirements correctly every time eliminating costly re-inspections and call backs.
- Precast 48” lengths with preformed 90 and 45-degree corners makes installation fast and easy even for unskilled laborers.
- All systems install with basic carpentry and/or tile skills, tools, and adhesives.
- System pieces can easily be installed in many tight spots and places where mechanical troweling can’t be done efficiently or at all.
- Contractors can provide their own cove base applications, especially on jobs where mechanical troweling is unavailable or not cost effective.
- Contractors can avoid hiring and scheduling of additional subcontractors.
- Lower overall cove base costs equals more competitive bidding against alternative flooring options such as tile.
- No long delays for drying time - product can be masked and coated once adhesive sets.
- Less job down time means overall project savings.
- 48” lengths are an ideal combination for both fast installation, plus efficient shipping and handling. It won’t shrink, swell, warp, dent, rot, decay, or burn.
- It is extremely durable, environmentally friendly, and non-toxic
- Has excellent adhesion to high performance concrete coatings.
- Used for commercial, residential, new construction, remodels, interior applications.
- For use with both thin film and high build flooring in all types of finishes.
Easy Cove 4" Outside Corner
10 per box